Tuesday August 4, 2009
Saturday, August 29 1:00-5:00 p.m. and Sunday, August 30 1:00-5:00 p.m.
The Grant Park Summer Shade Festival is proud to announce the return of Corks & Forks - a Fine Food & Wine Event to the line-up of offerings and activities for the 7th Annual Festival. Corks & Forks provides an opportunity to experience scrumptious dishes prepared by Atlanta's top chefs. Send your taste buds into a salivating frenzy. Saturday and Sunday will feature different chefs. Plus, taste some of the coolest wines and craft beers/ales to hit the Atlanta market in 2009. We will have sit-down workshops on tasting and selection as well.
TICKETS AVAILABLE NOW - Advance Tickets $35 Each/$45 at the gate. Saturday and Sunday tickets sold separately.
Our 2009 line-up of chefs/restaurants is still in development but here is a list of those who have committed as of June 1, 2009.
- Babette's Cafe - Chef Marla Adams
- Bhojanic - Chef Arehna Malhotra Becker
- Cabot Creamery
- Canoe - Chef Carvel Grant Gould
- Dolce' - Chef Kris Callaway
- Eno - Chef Eli Kirshtein
- Geisha House - Chef Kris Callaway
- Graveyard Tavern - Cristy Nolton
- Holy Taco
- JCT Kitchen - Chef Ford Fry
- Legal Seafoods - Chef John Piper
- Livingston Restaurant & Bar - Chef Gary Mennie
- Metrotainment Bakery
- Murphy's - Chef Gregg McCarthy
- ONE midtown kitchen - Chef Tom Harvey
- PARISH Foods - Chef Nick Melvin
- Peasant Bistro - Russel Hayes
- Rathbun's - Chef Kevin Rathbun & Kirk Parks
- Rise Sushi Lounge - Chef Tony Wang
- Rosebud - Chef Ron Eyester
- Six Feet Under Pub & Fish House - Nancy Mitchell
- TAP - ChefAdrian Villarreal
- The Melting Pot
- The Shed at Glenwood - Chef Lance Gummere
- The Sun Dial Restaurant, Bar & View - Chef Christian Messier
- Trader Vic's - Michael Broderick
- Trois - Chef Drew Van Leuvan
- TWO urban licks - Chef Cameron Thompson
- Woodfire Grill - Chef Kevin Gillespie
Our 2009 event is shaping up to be bigger and better, so put it on your calendar NOW! And get ready for a taste sensation in Grant Park.
Saturday and Sunday tickets sold separately. Different chefs each day.
Proceeds benefit the Grant Park Conservancy and its work to restore and care for Atlanta's oldest public park.
Corks & Forks: A Fine Food & Wine Event, Aug. 29th and 30th. Taste dishes from Atlanta's top chefs and sample wines and craft beers and ales. There will also be sit-down workshops on tasting and selection. Corks & Forks is held as part of the free Summer Shade Festival in historic Grant Park. $35 in advance, $45 at the gate (the festival is free). Both days 1 p.m.-5 p.m. 499 Broyles Street. 404-521-0938. www.summershade.org.