travel in style. eat like a local
Accepted at participating LocalEats around the nation.
sign up now
From Jennifer Litz of PizzaMarketplace.com: Ever since Pizza Hut announced it generated a million sales via its iPhone app in a little over three months, pizza operators have been abuzz about the potential for takeout ordering applications for the iPhone and other mobile devices.
But app usage stats provided by Pinch Media, the premiere mobile application analytics company, are sobering: Only 20 percent of users on average return to apps the day after downloading them. Paid apps have better involvement track records than free ones, but not by much. Usage time declines by almost a third in first month after use alone.
That hasn't prevented tech-savvy companies from trying to entice restaurant clients with success stories like Pizza Hut's. Moglumedia yesterday introduced MogluRBN, an iPhone-based solution that makes it easy for restaurants, bars and nightclubs to engage with customers through their mobile devices anywhere and anytime.
Designed specifically for the hospitality industry, MogluRBN is a mobile presence package that combines a custom-designed iPhone application with managed content updates, real-time analytics, strategy consulting and customer support. The cost? A steep service charge of $45 to $195 a month.
But the company claims MogluRBN is an affordable way for restaurants, bars and nightclubs to keep customers informed of menu items, drinks and upcoming events, offer mobile coupons and exclusivity passes, receive feedback through comment cards, support mobile ordering and more.
"Restaurants, bars and nightclubs understand the value of a mobile experience as a way to connect with customers on the go. But until now, mobile has been prohibitive in terms of time and cost," said Edison Thomaz, founder and principal of Moglumedia. "MogluRBN offers a mobile solution for the hospitality industry that is affordable and truly end-to-end. We bring businesses to mobile, keep their content fresh, and review their mobile strategy on a regular basis to make sure it's working for them."
MogluRBN is available immediately under three subscription plans: Basic, Plus and Premium. While all plans include a customized iPhone application (with the subscription services listed below), the Plus and Premium plans offer an application with additional features, more frequent managed content updates and, for the Premium plan only, monthly consultations on mobile strategy.
A MogluRBN subscription includes a custom-designed iPhone application, submission of custom iPhone application to Apple's App Store, real-time iPhone application usage analytics through a Web dashboard, mobile strategy consultation and management and updating of mobile content.
But before you rush off in hopes of creating the Next Big App, keep in mind that the only food-related app in Apple's list of all-time most popular paid downloads is iBeer. It turns the iPhone into a virtual glass whose suds you can drain at the tip of a phone. People pay a dollar for it.
- March 10-12, 2015 Midwest Grape and Wine + Craft Brew Conference & Trade ShowSt. Charles, Missouri
- March 10-15, 2015 Bradford County Fair 2015Starke, Florida
- March 11-12, 2015 49th Annual Triumph of Ag Expo 2015Omaha, Nebraska
- March 11-14, 2015 20th Annual Kona Brewers FestivalKailua-Kona, Hawaii
- March 12, 2015 Celebrity Chef Tour 2015Los Angeles, California
- March 12, 2015 Vintage: What a Difference a Year MakesNew York, New York
- March 12-14, 2015 12th Southeastern Cowboy GatheringCartersville, Georgia
- March 12-14, 2015 Eastern Bison Association Winter ConferenceHarrisburg, Pennsylvania
- March 12-15, 2015 Savor Cannon Beach Wine & Culinary FestivalCannon Beach, Oregon
- March 12-22, 2015 Collier County Fair 2015Naples, Florida
- March 13-14, 2015 Safety Harbor Seafood FestivalSafety Harbor, Florida
- March 13-14, 2015 Beer, Bourbon and BBQ Festival 2015Timonium, Maryland
- March 13-15, 2015 27th Annual Ostrich Festival 2015Chandler, Arizona
- March 13-15, 2015 11th Fountain Hills Fine Art & Wine AffaireFountain Hills, AZ
- March 13-15, 2015 Rocky Mountain Horse ExpoDenver, Colorado
- March 13-15, 2015 Fairchild's 13th International Orchid FestivalCoral Gables, Fla
- March 13-15, 2015 Flushing Walleye FestivalFlushing, Michigan
- March 13-15, 2015 Ohio Deer & Turkey Expo 2015Columbus, Ohio
- March 14, 2015 St. Patrick's Day, South FloridaCoral Gables, Florida
- March 14, 2015 Taste of OviedoOviedo, Florida
- March 14, 2015 5th Southern Michigan Winter Beer FestivalJackson, Michigan
- March 14, 2015 19th Annual Bison Show and SaleHarrisburg, Pennsylvania
- March 14, 2015 The Great Allentown Brew Works Cask Beer FestivalAllentown, Pennsylvania
- March 14, 2015
Pi Day Nationwide
- March 14-15, 2015 25th Hebron Maple FestivalHebron, Connecticut
- March 14-15, 2015 Gluten Free Food Allergy FestLakeland, Florida
- March 14-15, 2015 Original Marathon Seafood FestivalMarathon, Florida
- March 14-15, 2015 Speckled Perch Festival and ParadeOkeechobee, Florida
- March 14 & 15, 2015 Fort Myers Beach Shrimp FestivalFort Myers, Florida
- March 14-15, 2015 Spring Farm FestEvansville, Indiana
- March 14-15, 2015 6th Gloucester Cty Spring Home Remodeling ShowSewell, NJ
- March 14-15, 2015 NYC Vegetarian Food FestivalNew York, New York
- March 14-17, 2015 National Farmers Union Convention 2015Wichita, Kansas
- March 15, 2015 Flavors of CoronadoCoronado, California
- March 15, 2015 Pass the Plate: The FHM Passover Cook-offSt. Petersburg, Florida
- March 15-17, 2015 81st Annual NIOP Convention 2015Scottsdale, Arizona
- March 15-17, 2015 InnDependent Lodging Summit & Trade ShowTucson, Arizona
- March 15-17, 2015 New England Food ShowBoston, Massachusetts
- March 15-17, 2015 Seafood Expo North America/Seafood Processing North AmericaBoston, Massachusetts