Monday April 5, 2010
- Truffle oil: Just because you add a few drops of truffle oil to a dish, doesn’t mean you can charge an extra $8.
- Chipotle: Love the smoky flavor in stews, soups, salsa. Hate it in hummus, ranch dressing.
- Foam: Seriously, does everything need a foam? I clean my toilet with foam. I don’t want it on my $35 minuscule sliver of salmon, too.
- Panini: In all shapes and forms.
- Cupcakes: They’re everywhere, from Jewel’s bakery to Cinnabon. Bring back pie! Too much cloying frosting, not enough delicious tasting cake.
- And more: Fiber-filled anything. Kettle chips. “Scratchy” non-sweet chocolate bars. Quinoa. Blue cheese-spiked polenta. Black ‘n’ blue steak. Chicken pot stickers. Pomegranate juice.