Wednesday May 5, 2010
27th Annual Dermott Crawfish Festival – May 14 & 15, 2010
The 27th Annual Dermott Crawfish Festival will be held on Friday and Saturday, May 14 and 15th, 2010, in downtown Dermott, Arkansas. One of Arkansas’ most successful festivals, the award winning Dermott Crawfish Festival, a food and music festival, is sponsored by the Dermott Chamber of Commerce. Don’t miss the live music, crawfish dinners, official crawfish t-shirts, arts, crafts and food vendors and free train and fire truck rides or the children on Saturday.
Thursday night, May 13, is children’s night at the carnival. With the purchase of a $10.00 arm band, children can ride from 6:00 until 9:00 p.m. on all rides. Arm bands may be purchased in advance at he Dermott Public Schools or the Chamber office, First Service Band and Simmons Bank.
* Scheduled events include – The famous Dermott Crawfish Dinners
will be served beginning at noon on Friday and will be available “til
closing time of sold out” on Saturday night.
* The Dog Show. Sign up Friday afternoon May 14, beginning at 4:30 p.m. at the Chamber office. The judging is scheduled for 9:00 a. m., Saturday morning, May 15.
* The Rotary Club pancake breakfast on Saturday morning at the Dermott Methodist Church serving from 7:00 a.m. until 10:00 a.m.
* Entertainment by regional and local bands will begin on Friday night with music on Saturday “til closing time.”
* Bingo will begin on Friday at noon and will continue on Saturday morning until 6:00 p.m.
* As in the past, vendors will be plentiful again this year, serving up food and exotic merchandise
Booth spaces may be rented up to the day of the festival. Be sure that one is reserved for you and make plans now to attend the Dermott Crawfish Festival on May 14 and 15, 2010.
We hope to see you at the 2010 Dermott Crawfish Festival.
Contact the Dermott Area Chamber of Commerce at (870) 538-5656 or e-mail at Dermottcof@sbcglobal.net for more information.