Thursday October 21, 2010
STAR 94’s “Cooking For A Cause” A Night of Food, Fun & Fundraising
Celebrity chefs Richard Blais, Linton Hopkins and Henry Chandler headline event at the Foundry at Puritan Mill Thursday, Oct. 28 to benefit Kate’s Club and Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta
Atlanta’s STAR 94 (94.1 FM) and Ford Lincoln Mercury are teaming up for “Cooking for a Cause,” a charitable event benefiting two local Atlanta charities, Kate's Club and Children's Healthcare of Atlanta Thursday, October 28, 2010 from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. at the Foundry at Puritan Mill. The fundraiser will showcase cooking demonstrations by celebrity chefs Richard Blais, Linton Hopkins and Henry Chandler, as well as food tastings and a silent auction.
TICKETS TO ‘COOKING FOR A CAUSE’ may be purchased online at star94.com/cookingforacause or at the STAR 94 tent at Taste of Atlanta Oct. 23 & 24. General admission tickets are $35 and VIP tickets are $75 and includes VIP goody bag and meet & greet with all three chefs. Tickets to the event are limited. STAR 94’s Cooking For A Cause is a 21+ event. Doors open and silent auction begins at 6p.m. with the demonstrations beginning approximately 6:45 p.m.
“We’re thrilled to have all three chefs who are Atlanta restaurant legends,” said Rick Mack, Sr. VP/General manager of STAR 94. “They and Ford Lincoln Mercury have really helped us make ‘Cooking For A Cause’ a premiere event. We are looking forward to a wonderful evening.”
“Ford Lincoln Mercury is proud to partner with Star 94’s Cooking for a Cause,” said Ray Parrish, Ford Lincoln Mercury’s Southeast Regional Manager. “We are pleased to help support two wonderful charities, Kate's Club and Children's Healthcare of Atlanta."
ABOUT THE CHEFS:
- Chef Richard Blais competed on Season 4 of Bravo’s Top Chef and will return this December to compete on Top Chef All-Stars. He is the Concept Chef at FLIP burger boutique (two locations at 1587 Howell Mill Road and 3655 Roswell Road), featuring a menu that redefines what a hamburger should be in a modern, hip setting.
- Chef Linton Hopkins competed on Food Network's Iron Chef and was named one of Food and Wine magazine’s Best New Chefs in 2009. He was also nominated for Best Chef Southeast by the James Beard Foundation. Hopkins’ Restaurant Eugene (2277 Peachtree Road) is a seasonal new American restaurant with a southern accent.
- Chef Henry Chandler is the most recent winner of Nightline’s “The People’s Platelist” contest. He has been serving the best of Southern Fried Louisiana and Cajun Cuisine since 2000 at Henry’s Louisiana Grill (4835 North Main Street in historic downtown Acworth)
ABOUT THE CHARITIES:
- Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta is committed to enhancing the lives of children. With three hospitals and 16 neighborhood locations, the pediatric health care system manages more than half a million patient visits and offers access to more than 30 pediatric specialties.
- Kate’s Club provides grieving children and their families with an environment where they can re-engage in life and turn a potentially debilitating loss into a growth opportunity. By creating friendships with kids and young adults that share the experience, Kate’s Club guides children through their grief journey in a comfortable, safe and uplifting setting.
For more information and/or media inquiries, contact Mike Moshure, Star 94 Assistant Promotions Director, at (404) 238-9471 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional event details can be found at www.Star94.com.
About STAR 94:
Star 94 (WSTR, 94.1 FM) is Atlanta's adult top 40-radio station, broadcasting from its penthouse Buckhead studios since 1989. Atlanta's STAR 94 features on-air personalities Cindy & Ray in the Morning; Heather Branch in middays; Chase Daniels in afternoons and Darik at night.
Star 94 is part of the Lincoln Financial Media Company, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Lincoln Life Insurance Company, that owns and operates radio stations in Atlanta, GA (WQXI-AM, WSTR-FM); Denver, CO (KEPN-AM, KKFN-FM, KQKS-FM, KRWZ-AM, KYGO-FM); Miami, FL (WAXY-AM, WLYF-FM, WMXJ-FM); and San Diego, CA (KBZT-FM, KIFM-FM, KSON-FM, KSOQ-FM). For additional information, visit www.star94.com.