Monday January 10, 2011
presented by Jackson Family Wines
Friday, January 21 - Sunday, January 30
A dining experience benefitting Harvesters - The Community Food Network
10% of the cost of each meal purchased from KC Restaurant Week menus will be donated to Harvesters in an effort to fight hunger in the Kansas City area. In 2010, this event raised more than $55,000, providing some 275,000 meals to our neighbors in need.
Kansas City Restaurant Week, presented by Jackson Family Wines, returns for the second year. Diners can enjoy delcious and budget-friendly meals at participating restaurants during the 10-day event. Select from multiple course prix-fixe menus, with lunch for $15 and dinner for $30.
About KC Restaurant Week
An exhibition of Kansas City's finest culinary talents, Kansas City Restaurant Week will offer a variety of mouth-watering foods from top chefs across the metro area, demonstrating why the KC dining scene is among the nation's best--and up until now, one of the best-kept foodie secrets (the Zagat Survey has called Kansas City the No. 1 dining bargain of all the major cities it reviews).
Restaurant Week features an array of restaurant participants so that diners can visit old favorites and also try the many new restaurants that have opened recently in the Kansas City metro area.
Kansas City Restaurant Week was created by two founding sponsors: the Greater Kansas City Restaurant Association and the Kansas City Convention & Visitors Association, in partnership with native Kansas Citian Derek Gale, Harvesters and other Kansas City area organizations, as well as online restaurant reservations partner OpenTable. The event is designed to spotlight Kansas City as one of the country's premier dining destinations, and to support the local culinary community.
Frequently Asked Questions
1) What are the dates of Kansas City Restaurant Week?
2) Which restaurants are participating?
3) As a restaurateur, how do I take part in Kansas City Restaurant Week?
4) As someone who enjoys dining out, how do I take part in Kansas City Restaurant Week?
5) Are reservations required?
6) Who organizes and sponsors Kansas City Restaurant Week?
1) January 21 - January 30, 2011.
2) See our list of participating restaurants for the 2011 Kansas City Restaurant Week event here. More restaurants are signing on to participate every day, so check back often. In its inaugural year (2010), Kansas City Restaurant Week had 101 participating restaurants!
4) To dine out during restaurant week, use our restaurant list and search function to find your favorites (do a quick search by restaurant name, or sort the list by type of cuisine), and then click on the OpenTable links to make your online restaurant reservations in advance. After that, just show up during Restaurant Week and enjoy your specially-priced ($15 for lunch; $30 for dinner) multi-course meal!
4) Making reservations is strongly recommended as these restaurants will fill up fast. You can make Kansas City Restaurant Week reservations via OpenTable.
5) Kansas City Restaurant Week was created by two founding sponsors: the Greater Kansas City Restaurant Association and the Kansas City Convention & Visitors Association, in partnership with native Kansas Citian Derek Gale, Harvesters and other Kansas City area organizations, as well as online restaurant reservations partner OpenTable. In 2011, the event will be presented by new sponsor Jackson Family Wines.