Monday May 23, 2011
Mudbug Madness is held in Festival Plaza in Downtown Shreveport, Louisiana. If you are coming from out of town, Diamond Jack’s Casino & Resort is offering a special rate for Mudbug Madness fans – just call them at 1-866-5JAXMAX (552-9629) and ask for the special “Mudbug Madness” rate! You can click here to book a hotel.
Free till 5 Thursday and Friday.
Thursday- Free from 11am until 5pm; $5.00 per person after 5pm
Friday- Free from 11am until 5pm; $5.00 per person after 5pm
Saturday & Sunday- 11am until closing $5.00 per person
*Children under 12 are free at all times
**Mudbug Salutes the Military!
Show your Military ID and get in free at all times
From I-20 West:Take Spring Street exit. Festival Plaza is located underneath Spring Street Bridge at Crockett Street (approximately 2 blocks from the interstate).
From I-20 East:Take Spring Street exit. Festival Plaza is located underneath the Spring Street Bridge at Crockett Street (approximately 2 blocks from the interstate).
From I-49: Take I-49 north to I-20 east. Follow directions from I-20 east.
The Mudbug Madness Festival offers free shuttle service from Pierre-Bossier Mall (pick-up in front of old Service Merchandise) and Mall St. Vincent (pick-up at the Piccadilly Restaurant entrance). THERE IS NO SHUTTLE SERVICE FROM THE LOUISIANA BOARDWALK. The shuttles run at the following times:
- Thursday and Friday 5pm until 11:3opm
- Saturday and Sunday 10:30am till 11:30pm
Shuttles leave from the malls on the hour and half hour; shuttles leave from Festival Plaza at 15 minutes after the hour and 15 minutes before the hour.
Be A Part of our Party!
Sign up to be a volunteer for Mudbug Madness. Contact Sherry King by email.
Volunteers work in beer, soft drink, souvenir and ticket booths. All volunteers receive a free souvenir T-shirt and an invitation to the Volunteer Appreciation Party.
Helpful Hints & Information:
- No food or beverages may be brought onto the site.
- No backpacks.
- No pets, except for assistance animals.
- No silly string.
- No ice chests.
- No solicitation.
- No political activity.
- All items brought into the festival site are subject to search.
- Johnny’s Pizza HousePizza
- Southern Concessions Southern fried chicken tenders, French fries,
Southern fried catfish, chili-cheeseburgers, grilled Italian sausage
with peppers & onions, curly fries, bloomin’ onions
- Lila Davis Catering Creole crawfish etouffee, Creole dirty rice, red
beans & rice, chicken & sausage gumbo, boudin, cupcakes
- Taste of New Orleans Louisiana lobster puffs with cheese Alexandria, crawfish Jeanerette, Voodoo salad w/fried crawfish
- Texas Custom Catering Sirloin on a stick, ribeye steak sandwich, brisket
sandwich, pulled pork sandwich, nachos, sausage on a stick
- J & J Concessions Fried alligator, chicken or shrimp on a stick
- East Texas Corn Roasters Roasted corn, baked potatoes with toppings,
gumbo or etouffee; chocolate dipped cheesecake; chocolate dipped
strawberries, deep fried pork skins
- Natchitoches Meat Pies Natchitoches meat pies, crawfish pies, mini meat and crawfish pies, chocolate covered bacon
- Cajun Fried Crawfish Fried crawfish tails, crawfish po-boys, fried shrimp po-boys; fried shrimp basket
- Hull Concessions Corn dogs, funnel cakes, turkey legs, Lemon Chill
- Counter Culture on the Go Humphrey Yogarts, yogurt dishes
- Sugar Blossoms Cinnamon roasted pecans & almonds, hot & spicy peanuts, fudge, chocolate chip cookies
- Geauxsicles Various flavored gourmet ice pops
- C. E. Byrd Booster Club
- Shreveport Police Department – Mounted Patrol Support Group
- Evangel Christian Academy Booster Club
- Swamp Site Menu
- Bayou Boyz Philly cheesesteak sandwich; Philly cheesesteak potatoes,
chili-cheese nachos, B&T burger combo, chili-cheese dogs, hot dogs
- Diamond J Concessions Funnel cakes, corn dogs, deep fried Twinkies, fried green tomatoes or pickles, fried candy bars
- Bees Fine Boods Gyros, chicken pitas, cheese fries, sausage on a bun
- Southern Secialties of Shreveport Fried alligator bites, fried crab cakes, crawfish Ava
- Geauxsicles Various flavored gourmet ice pops
- Uncle Ray’s Cajun Kitchen Grilled bacon wrapped shrimp, stuffed peppers
wrapped in cheese, chicken and bacon, grilled regular or seafood boudin,
chopped beef sandwich
- Dippin Dots Dippin Dots ice cream & yogurt
Invest in Mudbug Madness
Join the other local, regional and national organizations and individuals who have invested in Mudbug Madness. Cash and in-kind investments provide access to exploitable business opportunities associated with this highly publicized event. Opportunities range from $100 to $25,000 including booth displays, Title Sponsorship, hospitality packages, and event, product or stage sponsorships.
Let us tailor one for you!
Call Terri Mathews at (318) 455-2001 or Melanie Bacon at (318) 222-7403.