You'll be glad to have this fabulous Pizza Dip on hand when the
hordes of basketball-viewing friends descend. Here's a great recipe
from Ruthie Higgins at
The Food Gospel According to Ruth. Better make a couple.
It's that good.
I have been asked multiple times "what is your favorite
appetizer"....well my friends, here it is! I realize it is a little
on the heavy side so you probably don't want to make this when
steak and potatoes are on the dinner menu but if you want a dish
that your guest will later refer to as "crack", this is you
I received this recipe from a friend of mine when I lived in
Atlanta, Susan Nichols, and have been making it for dinner parties,
football tailgates and any other occasion I could find an excuse to
make it ever since.
- 2 (8 oz.) blocks cream cheese
- 1 jar pizza sauce
- 2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1 pound hot Italian sausage, cooked
- Brown sausage in a sauce pan.
- Drain well. This will prevent the dip from being too greasy so
make sure to drain the sausage well.
- In a small pyrex dish spread the cream cheese on the bottom
- Top with the pizza sauce.
- Top with the Mozzarella cheese.
- Finally top the entire dish with the sausage.
- Cook in the oven at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until the
sides are bubbly. Serve with Fritos.