Wednesday April 1, 2015
The First Ever South Carolina Food Truck & Craft Beer Festival
April 26, 2015, from noon – 5:00PM
South Carolina Farmers Market, 3483 Charleston Hwy, West Columbia, SC 29172
Gourmet food on wheels arrives in Columbia! Food Truck Festivals of America is excited to announce the first South Carolina Food Truck &Craft Beer Festival at the South Carolina State Farmers Market on Sunday, April 26th, from Noon - 5:00 PM.
And in true food truck harmony, Sam Adams craft beers will be available to pair with every truck’s cuisine.
The festival will include more than 20 trucks from the area, serving up a variety of savory dishes, from new American, to bacon wrapped jumbo brats, to all-natural handmade popsicles. Some of the participating trucks include:
- Cuzzo’s Cuisine…Columbia’s own!
- King of Pops…bringing us treats from Charleston
- All-Star Café…one of Charlotte’s finest
- Plated Palette…another great addition from Charlotte
After producing more than 22 food truck festivals in New England over the past few years, “It was time,” says FTFA Executive Producer Anne-Marie Aigner, “to chase the sun during the snowy months in New England. We’re delighted to be producing a series of warm-weather festivals, including the one in Albuquerque – and we’re sure the trucks and the guests will love the festival enough that it will become an annual tradition.”
For more information about the 2015 South Carolina Food Truck and Craft Beer Festival, please visit: www.foodtruckfestivalsofamerica.com . The list of participating trucks changes constantly, so getting the latest from the website will be most helpful. It’s also possible to buy tickets in advance ($5 entry fee—buy food separately) and avoid the lines.
Wednesday April 1, 2015
CHAMPPS IN PENTAGON, VA TO HOST BENEFIT FOR
VIRGINIA WOUNDED WARRIOR PROGRAM
ON WEDNESDAY, APRIL 1, 2015
PENTAGON, VA (February 2015) – Champps in Pentagon is teaming up with Virginia Wounded Warrior Program (VWWP) for a special celebration. Due to inclement weather, Champps, located at 1201 South Joyce Street, has rescheduled their celebration to benefit VWWP from Thursday, February 26 to Wednesday, April 1, 2015.
The party will be held from 6 p.m. – 9 p.m., where guests are invited to enjoy a complimentary sampling of Champps’ signature dishes, including Champps Americana Chopped Salad, Chipotle Burger, Pepper Seared Ahi Tuna Tacos and Calamari Fritti.
Featured signature cocktails include Grand Sangria, Island Rum Punch and Champps Long Island Tea for $4 each; draft beer will be available for $2 each.
Champps will donate 10% of sales for the entire day and night of Wednesday, April 1 to Virginia Wounded Warrior Program, which is dedicated to improving and expanding services to Virginia veterans and their family members coping with the impact of deployment, military service, post-traumatic stress, operational stress and/or traumatic brain injury. Donations help VWWP meet the critical treatment and supportive service needs of the Veterans and their families.
"We are thrilled to be partnering with Champps for their celebration event and are so grateful that they have chosen to support our efforts to serve Virginia Veterans and their families,” said Brandi Jancaitis, Executive Director of Virginia Wounded Warrior Program. “We are looking forward to a fun and festive event. We invite everyone to come and join our Northern Virginia team on April 1!"
Champps in Pentagon offers 44 High Definition TVs; nearly 100 kinds of beer, including 27 beers on tap, 19 craft beers, eight of which are local; Golden Tee Golf; and a deliciously crafted menu for sharing, snacking and dining.
Champps in Pentagon is open seven days a week from 11 a.m. to 12 a.m. Monday – Wednesday;11 a.m. to 2 a.m. Thursday – Saturday; and 11 a.m. to 12 a.m. Sunday. For more information, reservations or to book a private event, call Champps at (703) 414-3601, or visit us at www.champps.com on Facebook and Twitter.
Virginia Wounded Warrior Program (VWWP) is operated by the Virginia Department of Veterans Services in cooperation with the Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Services and the Department for Aging and Rehabilitative Services. Virginia Wounded Warrior Program (VWWP) was established in 2008 in response to the growing need to improve and expand services to our nation’s veterans and their family members coping with the impact of deployment, military service, post-traumatic stress, operational stress and/or traumatic brain injury. VWWP monitors and coordinates the delivery of behavioral health, rehabilitative, and supportive services for Virginia Veterans and their families.
The VWWP works to ensure that Virginia Veterans do not slip through the cracks and that adequate and timely assessment, treatment, and support are available to promote resilience and recovery. Through an extensive network of Federal, State, and Local partnerships, the VWWP proudly serves veterans of any era who are Virginia residents; members of the Virginia National Guard and Armed Forces Reserves not in active federal service; and family members of those veterans and service members. For more information, visitwww.dvs.virginia.gov.
VVSF is a charitable organization as defined in section 170 (c) (1) of the US Internal Revenue Code and sections 2.2-2715-2719 of the Code of Virginia. VVSF is authorized to raise and accept donations for the Virginia Wounded Warrior Program by the referenced Code sections and the Virginia state office of Charitable and Regulatory Programs. Virginia Veterans Services Foundation (VVSF) manages donations to the Virginia Wounded Warrior Program (VWWP). 100% of donations received go to veterans and their families. No donations to VWWP are used for administration, staff or fundraising. More information on VVSF can be found at www.virginiaveteransservicesfoundation.org or www.vvsf.org.
Champps owns and operates 25 restaurants in 13 states. The sports oriented restaurant began over 30 years ago in Minnetonka, Minnesota and to this day maintains a comfortable venue for people to gather and watch a game, grab a bite to eat or socialize with a beverage. Their state of the art kitchens and culinary expertise allow the restaurants to serve guests authentic, high-quality, hand-crafted, American cuisine inspired by their local communities. With a full bar of beer, wine and spirits; an extensive menu; plenty of seating; and TVs for a high quality viewing experience, Champps is the perfect place for any occasion. For reservations or to book a private event, please call your Champps or visit www.champps.com, Facebook and Twitter.
# # #
Fashion, Hospitality & Entertainment
Margie Korshak, Inc.
The Hancock Building
875 N. Michigan Ave., Ste. 3700 Chicago, IL 60611
T: 312.751.5521 |C: 206.769.8420
Wednesday April 1, 2015
COOKING FOR LIFE FESTIVAL
FIU's CHAPLIN SCHOOL OF HOSPITALITY AND TOURISM
NORTH MIAMI, FLORIDA
Time: 9:30am-6:pm (for 4/18)
FIU’s Chaplin School of Hospitality and Tourism
3000 NE 151 ST, North Miami, FL, 33181
Kick of the weekend on Friday at Mignonette which has agreed to donate a percentage of Friday night’s sales to Common Threads. Festival events commence Saturday morning. Festival events include: a culinary boot camp and mid-day reception at FIU’s Chaplin School of Hospitality and Tourism Management featuring demonstration and interactive cooking classes; a Saturday night exclusive VIP and tasting event with local Miami restaurants and chefs welcoming Common Threads and Chef Masaharu Morimoto to South Beach at the Shelborne Wyndham Grand South Beach; a Sunday beach yoga class held on the property of the Thompson Miami Beach; a special VIP reception and a Sunday brunch prepared by some of the nation’s celebrated chefs including host Michelle Bernstein at the Thompson Miami Beach.
This fundraising weekend raises monies that go towards programming in schools nationwide that include 40 schools in Miami alone. Through hands-on curriculum Common Threads is empowering students and families to cook and learn healthier choices working together to reverse the trend of childhood obesity and related health complications.
Cost of Tickets: $60-250
Phone Number to Publish for Information: (312) 462-0722
Wednesday April 1, 2015
Announcing our 2015 participants
“Spring Seasonings: A Taste of Newton and Needham”
Monday April 13, Newton Marriott Hotel
More than 40 of Newton’s and Needham’s top restaurants and beverage providers will participate at the annual ‘Spring Seasonings: A Taste of Newton and Needham, Monday April 13 at the Newton Marriott Hotel, from 5:30-8 p.m.
The popular all-you-can-eat event includes many of the area’s newest establishments but also many returning favorites. Attendees will enjoy bite-sized versions of dishes taken directly from the menus of the area's top chefs plus extensive wine tasting and beer samplings.
“This is the only night of the year when you can sample culinary creations from Newton's and Needham's best restaurants under one roof,” said Greg Reibman, president of the Newton-Needham Chamber. Tickets for Spring Seasonings are $50 and can be purchased online at www.nnchamber.com or by calling 617-244-5300
Our 2015 Spring Seasonings’ lineup
- 3 Squares Restaurant
- Bakers' Best Catering
- Bertucci's Needham & Newton Corner
- Besito Mexican Restaurant
- The Biltmore Bar & Grille
- Bin Ends
- Blue on Highland
- BOKX 109 American Prime
- BRIO Tuscan Grille
- Cabot's Ice Cream and Restaurant
- The Capital Grille
- The Center Cafe
- COOK Newton
- The Cottage
- Craft Beer Cellar
- Crowne Plaza Boston Newton
- Davio's Chestnut Hill
- Del Frisco's Grille
- Dunn-Gaherin's Food & Spirits
- Farm Grill Rotesserie
- Gubba Rum
- Johnny's Luncheonette
- J.P. Licks
- Legal Sea Foods
- The Local
- Masala Art
- Nature Springs Water Co.
- Needham Center Fine Wines
- Not Your Average Joe's
- Riverbend Bar & Grill
- Seasons 52
- Link Café at the Sheraton Needham Hotel
- Showcase SuperLux
- Social Restaurant and Bar
- Stacy's Juicebar
- Terry O'Reilly's Irish Pub
- Treat Cupcake Bar
- Union Street Restaurant
- Upper Falls Liquors
- Whole Foods Market
‘Spring Seasonings: A Taste of Newton and Needham,” April 15 at the Newton Marriott Hotel, from 5:30 to 8 p.m. Tickets are $50 at www.nnchamber.com or at 617-244-5300.
281 Needham Street
Newton, MA 02464
Follow me on twitter: greg_reibman
Like the Chamber on Facebook
- March 10-12, 2015 Midwest Grape and Wine + Craft Brew Conference & Trade ShowSt. Charles, Missouri
- March 10-15, 2015 Bradford County Fair 2015Starke, Florida
- March 11-12, 2015 49th Annual Triumph of Ag Expo 2015Omaha, Nebraska
- March 11-14, 2015 20th Annual Kona Brewers FestivalKailua-Kona, Hawaii
- March 12, 2015 Celebrity Chef Tour 2015Los Angeles, California
- March 12, 2015 Vintage: What a Difference a Year MakesNew York, New York
- March 12-14, 2015 12th Southeastern Cowboy GatheringCartersville, Georgia
- March 12-14, 2015 Eastern Bison Association Winter ConferenceHarrisburg, Pennsylvania
- March 12-15, 2015 Savor Cannon Beach Wine & Culinary FestivalCannon Beach, Oregon
- March 12-22, 2015 Collier County Fair 2015Naples, Florida
- March 13-14, 2015 Safety Harbor Seafood FestivalSafety Harbor, Florida
- March 13-14, 2015 Beer, Bourbon and BBQ Festival 2015Timonium, Maryland
- March 13-15, 2015 27th Annual Ostrich Festival 2015Chandler, Arizona
- March 13-15, 2015 11th Fountain Hills Fine Art & Wine AffaireFountain Hills, AZ
- March 13-15, 2015 Rocky Mountain Horse ExpoDenver, Colorado
- March 13-15, 2015 Fairchild's 13th International Orchid FestivalCoral Gables, Fla
- March 13-15, 2015 Flushing Walleye FestivalFlushing, Michigan
- March 13-15, 2015 Ohio Deer & Turkey Expo 2015Columbus, Ohio
- March 14, 2015 St. Patrick's Day, South FloridaCoral Gables, Florida
- March 14, 2015 Taste of OviedoOviedo, Florida
- March 14, 2015 5th Southern Michigan Winter Beer FestivalJackson, Michigan
- March 14, 2015 19th Annual Bison Show and SaleHarrisburg, Pennsylvania
- March 14, 2015 The Great Allentown Brew Works Cask Beer FestivalAllentown, Pennsylvania
- March 14, 2015
Pi Day Nationwide
- March 14-15, 2015 25th Hebron Maple FestivalHebron, Connecticut
- March 14-15, 2015 Gluten Free Food Allergy FestLakeland, Florida
- March 14-15, 2015 Original Marathon Seafood FestivalMarathon, Florida
- March 14-15, 2015 Speckled Perch Festival and ParadeOkeechobee, Florida
- March 14 & 15, 2015 Fort Myers Beach Shrimp FestivalFort Myers, Florida
- March 14-15, 2015 Spring Farm FestEvansville, Indiana
- March 14-15, 2015 6th Gloucester Cty Spring Home Remodeling ShowSewell, NJ
- March 14-15, 2015 NYC Vegetarian Food FestivalNew York, New York
- March 14-17, 2015 National Farmers Union Convention 2015Wichita, Kansas
- March 15, 2015 Flavors of CoronadoCoronado, California
- March 15, 2015 Pass the Plate: The FHM Passover Cook-offSt. Petersburg, Florida
- March 15-17, 2015 81st Annual NIOP Convention 2015Scottsdale, Arizona
- March 15-17, 2015 InnDependent Lodging Summit & Trade ShowTucson, Arizona
- March 15-17, 2015 New England Food ShowBoston, Massachusetts
- March 15-17, 2015 Seafood Expo North America/Seafood Processing North AmericaBoston, Massachusetts