ABOUT USIn 1995, Magellan Press published the first Where The Locals Eat® dining guide. The premise was simple: Guide travelers to the best local restaurants in America. Our target audience was then, and remains today, the person seeking to experience the local dining scene of an unfamiliar town, while avoiding ubiquitous chain restaurants at all costs. Under this mantra, Magellan Press published nearly 20 national, regional, and city editions of "Where The Locals Eat", building the trust of savvy travelers and discerning diners across the country.
In 2008, LocalEats® was introduced to iTunes as one of the first apps for foodies. LocalEats for iPhone quickly became a hit with users and landed atop many "must-have apps" lists. The reason? Our digital guide contained the same great local restaurant content, but the experience was now enhanced by integrated location-based features, convenient search tools, and unparalleled convenience – it is in your pocket!
LocalEats for iPhone, Android and iPad take advantage of the newest technologies to deliver content, but our methodology remains strictly "old school". All our editors' picks, category winners and detailed reviews are created by our devoted editorial and research staff (yes, humans) - no bots or database uploads. Restaurants cannot pay for inclusion to our database (though suggestions are welcome) - each restaurant is hand picked and entered individually, based upon their own merits. And, though we're a fan of social media, crowd sourcing for a place to eat is simply not our style. We believe that readers would rather rely on authoritative opinions - those of travel writers, restaurant critics, respected bloggers, and food editors - rather than anonymous web posts.
Though technology, publishing, media and delivery platforms will continue to evolve, our mission will remain the same — to seek out the best local restaurants everywhere and share these discoveries with our readers. Here's to twenty more years!
If your company is interested in partnering with LocalEats, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Find nearby instantly
- See restaurant deals
- Save favorite restaurants and cities
- Get driving directions
- Read detailed descriptions
- Submit comments to restaurants
- Search by cuisine, price, neighborhood or amenities
- Sort by award winners
- Share your favorite restaurants with friends
- Quickly view local area map
- No national chain restaurants listed
- Call or make dining reservations
- Schedule a taxi to get you there or take you home
- Read menus
- ONLY THE BEST INDEPENDENTLY OWNED RESTAURANTS
Not using an Apple or Android Device?
Don't worry. When you go to Localeats.com and we detect you are on a mobile device, the site will automagically change to an easy-to-use mobile format. Thanks to HTML 5, you can even search near your current location. Check it out!
- August 19, 2016Truckeroo Food Truck FestivalWashington D.C.
- August 19-20Stone Brewing 20th Anniversary Celebration & Invitational Beer FestivalSan Marcos, California
- August 19-21Annual Lone Star Gourd FestivalNew Braunfels, Texas
- August 19-21Annual National Championship Musky OpenEagle River, Wisconsin
- August 20, 2016Taste of BrewsLong Beach, California
- August 20, 20166th Annual L.A. Taco FestLos Angeles, California
- August 20, 20162nd Annual Southern MD Wine, Jazz, R&B & Funk Festival 2016Prince Frederick, Maryland
- August 20, 2016Beer, Bourbon and BBQ FestivalVirginia Beach, Virginia
- August 20-217th Annual Blackberry FestivalSherman, Connecticut
- August 20-2135th Annual Fairborn Sweet Corn FestivalFairborn, Ohio
- August 21, 2016Taste of Paleo, Food Festival for the Modern CavemanYorba Linda, California
- August 21, 2016The Traveling Plate HiloHilo, Hawaii
- August 21, 2016Taste of Fond du Lac in the ParkFond du Lac, Wisconsin
- August 22-23International Conference on Structural BiologyNew Orleans, Louisiana
- August 25-2610th Anniversary Fête RougeBaton Rouge, Louisiana
- August 25-28Gillespie County FairFredericksburg, Texas
- August 26-2741st Annual Urbana Sweet Corn FestivalUrbana, Illinois
- August 26-28OC Night MarketCosta Mesa, California
- August 26-28Make-A-Wish Tuna ChallengeSan Diego, California
- August 26-28CRFG Festival of FruitSan Luis Obispo County, California
- August 26-28Annual Stowe Wine and Food ClassicStowe, Vermont
- August 27, 2016Grills 'n GrillesPenn Valley, California
- August 27, 2016New England ClambakeMiddlefield, Connecticut
- August 27, 2016Wine & All that JazzBoca Raton, Florida
- August 27, 20164th Annual Cape Cod Food Truck FestivalCape Cod, Massachusetts
- August 27, 2016Tomato CelebrationMedia, Pennsylvania
- August 27-28San Diego Spirits FestivalSan Diego, California
- August 30, 2016Taste of OakdaleOakdale, California