Wednesday November 2, 2011
Bon Appétit magazine released its prestigious annual "Best New Restaurants in America" list. Though one restaurant has closed since publication - the oft-raved about but lease-challenged M. Wells in Long Island City, New York - here are the remaining 9 newcomers that have captured the nation's attention.
9. Bondier, Cambridge MA.
8. Congress, Austin, TX
7. Son of a Gun, Los Angeles, CA
6. Talula's Garden, Philadelphia, PA
5. Ruxbin, Chicago, IL
4. Travail Kitchen and Amusements, Robbinsdale, MN
3. The Walrus and the Carpenter, Seattle, WA
2. Mission Chinese Food, San Francisco, CA
1. Husk, Charleston, SC
A big score for Chucktown, hosting the best new restaurant of 2011. Though only the 210th biggest city in the country, Charleston ranks among the country's best dining destinations with unparalleled Low Country cuisine, a burgeoning local food scene and the requisite fried seafood joints. Here's our list of the best restaurants in Charleston.